Intro to ZOMBIE REIGN: I Kill Dead People

I Kill Dead People is more than just a Zombie Blog but is an “In Your Face” attitude with a “No Holds Barred” mentality that packs a punch.

I Kill Dead People covers the stories of other survivors (Not featured in the Z.R. series) from all around the globe that are also dealing with this new epidemic that is plaguing the remaining population of the living.

After a cure is discovered for Alzheimer’s, it wasn’t long that the FDA approved the drug “LAZARIUM” and is released to the public.

"LAZARIUM" was considered a miracle drug to many but shortly became a nightmare to the living…the drug that brought life back to the brain is now bringing the dead back to life.


** When The Rain Falls the Dead will Rise **

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Henrietta (Day 1)

Henrietta Thompson, 80
Buffalo, New York  



I liked to say I lived a long and happy fun filled life…well, that’s until my daughter felt that I might be to much of a bother for her and her precious husband to take care of; so, she put me into the “HAPPY HILLS RETIREMENT HOME”…hmph, if I sound a little on the bitter side…I’m not…I’m very bitter. Sometimes I almost wish they never started me on the “LAZARIUM” pills. It might’ve been better if I couldn’t remember all that I do or what they do…and Jack…I really miss you. (Jack was my husband of 48 years)

“Hi Henrietta…how are you doing today?” Nurse Johnson says to me as she walks into my room.

Startled, I quickly turn away from the window and turn to Nurse Johnson.
“Oh my…”, I say as I let out one of those  embarrassing laughs . “Did I startle you Mrs. Thompson?” She asks.

I move over to my bed; “just a little.” I say with a smile.

“I’m sorry sweetie…I didn’t mean to do that…but it’s time for your meds.” Says Nurse Johnson as she casually makes her way to the counter and plops down her little plastic container that houses those itsy bitsy teeny weeny purple capsules of life that I swear are a God send…and a curse.
I’m sure my smile can be seen from miles away, with just the thought of taking my “LAZARIUM”… I can almost imagine what a person hooked on some kind of illegal drugs would do or feel for their next “fix”…(I learned that lingo on Law and Order…Jack and I used to watch that show together. Sorry…I digressed)…they want to stop but can’t…almost the way I feel…but with less guilt.

I sit on my bed…waiting patiently for my “LAZARIUM”...like a dog waiting for a nice meaty bone.

“Ok, Mrs. Thompson…” the Nurse says as she turns toward me with the pills in a small paper cup.  “Hear you go.”

“Thank you” I say, trying to hold back the drool. (not seriously but sure felt like it though)

I take my pills then hand Nurse Johnson the paper cup.

“Is the Doctor still coming to see me today?” I ask.

“Actually Dr. Hooper was called into the Hospital today…apparently there was some kind of accident downtown and a lot of people were hurt…and from what I heard, a lot of deaths too.” Nurse Johnson tells me. “Oh my…that’s terrible.”  I replied…but before I could even say more; both Nurse Johnson and I are frightened by the horrific sounds of screaming and yelling coming from out in the hallway.

Nurse Johnson rushes to the doorway. She stands motionless…almost in complete shutdown.

I quickly jump to my feet; “What is it, Nurse Johnson?” I yell out.

Nurse Johnson turns back to me with fear in her eyes…I’ve never seen such fear in someone’s face before.

“Oh dear God, what is it child?” I ask but before she could say anything; someone swooped by the door, pulling her away.

I jump with fear…nearly wetting myself (embarrassing, I know… but true).

I hear Nurse Johnson’s screams as the join the many others.

Oh God, what is going on out there? I think to myself.

I see another nurse running past my door followed by…um, it…well…it looked like Mr. Edwards…but he passed away early this morning. It couldn’t have been him.

Scared but none the less, I decided to take a look out the door…I felt the need to know what’s happening.

I slowly walk toward the door…as I reach the entrance to my little room that I call home; I peek out the door and see horrible…horrible things…oh God…I-I almost cannot believe what I am seeing.

I see my friends…the people I live with and eat with and…and laugh with…they are attacking the staff. They are attacking and…and no, no…no…they…they are eating them.

“Oh God…what the hell is going on here? God almighty…what is going on?” I say quietly to myself but unfortunately not quite enough. Several of my friends…well, what were my friends, look in my direction and with a horrific sounding yell by one of them, almost as if it were a bugle letting out the call to charge because by golly, they all came running towards me…with arthritis, heart problems, fibromyalgia and whatever else was plaguing these old pokes before right now, sure isn’t slowing them down.

I try to run in the other direction but not watching where I am going, I trip over Nurse Johnson’s half eaten body.

I couldn’t get up fast enough…they all surround me…the pain…oh God the pain. They are biting me! They are tearing at my flesh! My screams are now just sounds of gargling blood that’s filling up in my mouth and throat…what a way to go…the last thought that goes through my head as they rip out my innards was…I really hate my daughter.

Henrietta Thompson…deceased


  

1 comment:

  1. Henrietta's feelings of desire for the Lazarium borders addiction. The question you were posed, "why do they want to eat people?" comes to mind. I think the answer lies somewhere in those feelings Henrietta describes. Maybe the drug induces protein building peptides to over work. They desire protein that is geneticly similar to humans....Idunno...just throwin stuff out there.

    ReplyDelete